Home and Community Based Services
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) has arranged free access to a unique online learning opportunity, including live interactive classes, for older Wyoming residents. The “GetSetUp” digital education platform is designed to help older adults bridge the digital divide, combat social isolation, and live more connected lives, and is intended to help older adults feel safe and comfortable online. Please share this information with participants, family members, and other stakeholders who may benefit from these training sessions.
GetSetUp offers more than 2000 live interactive classes offered around the clock and across diverse subject areas, including:
- Digital Divide – Learn how to use digital devices and access critical digital services (e.g., Zoom, Gmail, smartphones, online health, etc.)
- Physical Health - Classes include healthy cooking, and evidence-based classes such as TaiChi, QiGong, and line dancing.
- Mental Health Classes - Classes available on dementia, caring for loved ones with dementia, stress reduction and even chair meditation.
- Social Health - These are interest groups hosted by fellow community members with topics ranging from gardening to travel to pets.
- Vocational Health- Help for older adults to re-skill and re-enter the workforce with classes such as PowerPoint, Word, LinkedIn profiles, and how to build websites.
Virtual classes are taught by older adults for other older adults, with more than 500 classes available weekly.
Because of the WDH Aging Division partnership with GetSetUp, the classes are free for state residents. The program is available online at https://www.getsetup.io/partner/wyoming. To avoid fees, residents should use the coupon code “Wyoming” while booking classes.
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Section
Division of Healthcare Financing
Wyoming Department of Health
122 W. 25th Street, 4 West
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Jennifer R. D'Alessandro
Educational Consultant, Vision Outreach Services
Special Education Unit
O: 307-754-2147 F: 307-754-7168
Wyoming Department of Education
1201 E. 7th Street, Powell, WY 82435